Thursday, June 16, 2011

Restart the Presses!

While I still consider myself an indie author, about six weeks ago Amazon Encore, the publishing side of Amazon, sent me an e-mail, expressing interest in contracting with me for two books. After some back and forth, I agreed and last night I signed the contract and sent it off.

What this means for readers: This contract is for Home By Morning and the sequel, Home By Nightfall. If you have a Kindle, nothing will change. The e-book price will stay at $2.99. If you don't have a Kindle, this title will be available at all the places I sell my e-books until December. After that I'll have to pull it from all e-tailers except Kindle. But . . . if you don't have an e-reader, both of these books will also be available in trade paperback. I'm not sure about the details of that yet, but certainly it will be available through Amazon.

I'm really excited about this new phase of publishing and I'm looking forward new adventures. I'd better get back to my sequel!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Alexis! I wish you much success! You're one of the authors who gave me the courage to go indie with my western historicals. I'm so happy I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Devon! Liberating, isn't it! Best of luck to both of us.

    ReplyDelete